Thursday, September 4, 2008

Some New Vinyl Projects

I am so excited to have gotten some new vinyl projects done this week! Thanks again for all your help Anya! This first project I saw in a small stationary boutique & I just knew that I could easily reproduce it myself, for less money! I painted a 9" x 9" square piece of wood with red paint. Then I lightly distressed the edges with sandpaper. Next I glued down a 5" x 7" metal shingle (they're only 44 cents at Home Depot). After that I applied the "family" vinyl lettering. Then I just took some of my Stampin' Up! chipboard hearts, painted them red too & attached small magnets to the back. Now I have a cute little magnetic picture holder where I can easily change out the photo whenever I want! (This photo is actually really old!) And I can hang it on the wall, tie a ribbon on the top to hang it from, or display it on a stand like I've done here! So easy & I love how it turned out! I think these will make fantastic Christmas presents!
This was my next vinyl project this week. This one was really easy & fast to finish! I had bought this growth chart for my daughter & there's a space at the top to personalize it. So I just asked Anya to print out my daughter's name in white vinyl & stuck it on & now it's ready to go!

My final vinyl project this week was at a class Anya taught last night at church. You could choose from any variety of projects & so I chose to make a Halloween sign. Now that my daughter's older & more aware of holidays, I've decided to decorate a little more for Halloween this year. All I had to do for this was paint the board orange, lightly sand the edges to distress it & stick on the vinyl! My picture looked clear in Photoshop, but now it looks blurry on the screen here, so I hope it's clear for you to see!

Well, this is what I've been up to the past couple of days (along with some major cleaning & painting of some rooms in our house-we're switching my daughter's room & creating a craft room/office). If you've never tried vinyl, I recommend that you give it a try! It's so fun & easy to use!

If you want to see the vinyl that Stampin' Up! offers click here. To order Stampin' Up! vinyl through me or any other Stampin' Up! products email me anytime!

No comments: