Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Project

Well, I guess it's not really new-I made this over a month ago! :) But it's new to the blog here! So I had been wanting to do a silhouette of my oldest daughter for a while & just went for it one day. And it was so easy! I just took a picture of her profile. Then I cropped it on my computer & set it to a 5 x 7 size for printing. Once I had printed it out I simply cut around her cute little profile. Then I traced it onto black card stock & then cut it out again. Then I glued it onto a piece of 5 x 7 white card stock & put it in this beautiful frame I found at Hobby Lobby. I love how it turned out! I'm hoping to do a new silhouette every year to update in the frame as she grows. I also have an empty frame to do a silhouette for the baby, but do you know how hard it is to get a good profile picture of a baby that would make a decent silhouette? I might have to wait until she's a little older!

No comments: